The 4 Levels of Care
Provided in the patient’s place of residence by our specially trained clinicians. the patient receives regular visits from the members of our care team. Generally, hospice staff will visit anywhere between two to seven times per week, depending on the patient’s needs. As the hospice patient’s condition changes, team members adjust their visits to accommodate these changes and ensure optimal care and comfort. The best plan of care is continually updated
- Patient is given care in a hospital or facility, temporarily, to treat pain or other acute symptoms, when routine home care or continuous care is not sufficient
- A team member coordinates care with hospital staff
- There is a 24 hour Registered Nurse available to manage these symptoms. Once symptoms are under control, the patient will return to their home usually under the routine level of care.
- Patients are transferred to a contracted skilled nursing facility that will manage the care of the patient in conjunction with the hospice. Respite Care is only provided on an occasional basis, for a maximum of five days in every certification period.
- Hospice will coordinate care with inpatient team to ensure continuity of care
Our nurse and nurse aide care provides brings shift at patient’s bedside for up to 24 hours/day for pain control and acute symptom management